To create the schedule, this needs to be done via the app
Once you have downloaded and signed into the app.
To check players in:
STEP 1: Tab into your RR session, you will then enter the ‘Check In’ Screen where you can check in players that have registered for the session on the day. You also have the option (using the ‘+’ icon) to add either new or existing contacts to the sessions, which is useful if you have walk-ups to the tournament.
NOTE – When adding users this way, you need to ensure that you also add first name, last name and telephone number for the guardians.
When you are happy with the players that are checked in, click on the blue ‘Tournament’ button in the header.
Creating your Round Robin Tournament
You can use the app to plan your tournament in advance and can modify the groups on the day as required.
- Automatically the app will assign players to groups based on age and gender (in the future this will also use inputs for the player on their ability (e.g. rating). The tick indicates the players who have signed in.
You then have the following options:
- Move players into other groups by pressing on the 3 lines (far right of each player row) and dragging the player to the desired group
- Move players into ‘Unassigned’ (this is useful if the player is not yet checked into the session)
- Change the ball color preference for the group
When you are happy with the groupings, click on ‘Generate Matches’ and the schedule will be made for the tournament and you will be taken to the ‘Groups & Matches’ page. You can change the groups later if you need to.
This shows standings for the players
Tap on a player and you will see the matches that they are due to play in the RR tournament
From here you can either add or edit scores
This shows the list of all matches in the tournament listed by round number and where you can also find matches and add / edit scores.
In the top menu (...) you also have the following options:
- Edit Groups – Takes you back to the tournament set up screen. This can be used if you have players checking in late in the tournament, you have walk ups for the day or you just want to regroup some of the players. The only restriction is that if a player has already played a game they can not be moved to another group and a padlock icon will show against their name
- Share Scorecards – You can use this to print off a PDF of the schedule / results. (Note – This is not the final version and we will make a further release of this with some design updates later)
- Score Formats – This is where you can set up the default score formats for the different sized groups
There is also a ‘publish’ button at the bottom of the interface, which will be used in the future to publish results from the tournament
For each match the coach/Tournament Director can decide the score format that they would like to enter the results for using the tabs at the top.
The list of available score formats is determined by the size of the group.
Score validation is in place depending on the score format that has been chosen