- What exactly is changing?
The USTA is looking to reimagine the way we service players, facilities, organizations, coaches, teaching professionals, and fans. The USTA’s mission is to promote and develop the growth of tennis; as such, we want to provide easy access to play opportunities and benefits that help drive overall participation. Right now, creating an account with the USTA is available to everyone at no cost and with that account comes certain access and benefits.
In order to gain access to play in USTA sanctioned leagues or tournaments or to get additional benefits, you must upgrade your account to a USTA membership. The following are key changes that have happened or we will be rolling out in January of 2021.
- Junior membership (under age 19) is available at no cost
- Adult membership is $44 and Senior membership (70+) is $42
- Organization membership will be available at no cost starting January 2021
- We no longer offer the following memberships: Family, Adult 3-year, Adult 5-year, Senior 3-year, Senior 5-year, or Lifetime.
- Why no more Lifetime, Family, 3 and 5-year memberships categories?
We are looking to simplify our membership offerings to better service our customers and open up opportunities for better benefits. Those that have active family memberships will remain active members through the expiration of their terms and Lifetime members will continue to be honored.
- Will organization members still be distinguishable by types (schools, clubs, CTAs, etc.)?
Yes. As of January 2021, no payment will be required, but organization members will still need to self-identify according to their organization membership category. An Organization membership category is needed to fulfill governance requirements of the association and to hold USTA sanctioned tournaments.
- What if I have a Family Membership?
Your Family membership will be good for each individual through the term of the membership (1, 3, or 5 year). When a membership expires, each individual on the Family membership will have to obtain their own membership. We will no longer allow family members to be added to an existing family membership. If you encounter any issues renewing or gaining access to a membership, please call Customer Care at 800-990- 8782.
- What if I have a multi-year membership?
Your multi-year membership will be honored for the remainder of the term. If you have purchased a Junior multi-year membership, we are happy to issue prorated refunds. Please call Customer Care at 800-990-8782.
- What if I have a lifetime membership?
You will continue to be recognized as a Lifetime Member with no membership dues.
- What if I just purchased a Junior Membership?
We are offering prorated refunds for all Junior Membership holders. Please contact Customer Care at 800-990-8782.
- What if I mailed in a multi-year or Lifetime membership?
If we receive junior, multi-year or Lifetime membership renewals or purchases through the mail, we will reach out directly to advise you of your options. We will then process refunds for the difference between the cost of the multi-year or Lifetime membership and the membership product being selected.
- How do these changes impact Association issues, like voting?
For more information regarding these changes and their impact please email email@example.com.
Customer Care Hours
Monday - Friday, 9 am - 7 pm Eastern