Players can be manually added to the tournament via the Tournaments module in Serve Tennis by the Tournament Director or Tournament Administrators.
If player selections are finalized please follow the steps in the following article Adding/Moving A Player To An Event-After Players Selections Are Finalized.
Note: You will also be able to add players after you have finalized the player selection. Please see the 7th bullet to do this.
Note: You will need to add them to each event or the additional event if they are already registered. After manually adding a player the system will not automatically charge the player as their card is not on file. To request payment from manually added players you will need to request payment. See the guide Payment Requests for Tournaments.
You can also do this in a bulk upload see this guide: Bulk Upload of Players to an Event.
- Open the tournaments module in Serve Tennis and open the tournament you are looking to add players into.
- Select the Players tab from the top of the screen.
- Select the event you are looking to add players into from the All events dropdown.
- Select Add players from the top right of the screen.
- You have the option to add a player either by searching by last name or USTA number. If searching by last name, the system will provide a list of players matching the criteria. You can select the player you would like to add to the event.
Please note: when searching by last name, ensure NO spaces are created before or after the name, if you have the USTA ID number we recommend using this to ensure you select the correct person. You will need to add one player at a time. If you are adding doubles players, ensure you add both players.
- Once you have found the player, click ‘Select’. The system will provide an error message if the selected player does not meet the entry criteria for the event. You do have the option to override this by clicking ‘yes’ and then ‘next’ at the bottom of the screen.
Please Note: you are NOT ABLE to manually add any players who are not yellow ball eligible for L1 - L7 tournaments.
- You have the option to send a confirmation email to the player, this can be toggled ‘off’ if you do not wish to send a confirmation email. Then click Save. The player is now added to the event. Remember you can see the confirmation email sent in the email log. You can refer to this article for information: Where can I see emails sent and email FAQs?
Once you have added all your players you will be ready to finalize your player selections. See this guide for the next steps: Tournament Director Player Selection Instructions.
How to add a player after you have finalized and charged and launched Tournament Desk
There are occasions when you have completed your player selection and you need to add another player to the tournament. To do this, complete the steps outlined previously to add the player in the Serve Tennis account. You will then see the player in your player list.
- Click on Launch Tournament Desk.
- In the Players tab click on Synchronize participants button as below and this will pull the players over from the Serve Tennis account.
- In the Players tab - search for the player - you need to assign them to the event.
- Next to their name, under actions, click on the three dots to add to the event.
- They will be added as an alternate, where you can then add them to the draw.
Note: To get payment from manually added players you will need to request payment. See the guide Payment Requests for Tournaments.