Players can be moved from the alternate list to the main draw in Serve Tennis and in Tournament Desk. This guide addresses both methods of moving players from the alternate list to the main draw.
How to Move Players from Alternate List to Main Draw in Serve Tennis
To move players from the alternate list to the main draw in Serve Tennis, please follow the steps below.
- Click the Tournament module within the admin area.
- Select the tournament you would like to manage.
- From the tournament menu, click Players.
- Select the specific event you are looking to move alternates
- After selecting the event, click Player selections.
- Hover your cursor over the player you are looking to move into the main draw. Move the cursor over the six dots appear. Left-click and hold over the dots to drag the player up, into the main draw, slotting the player in the desired position.
This can also be used to move around player's positions, both in the main drawn and alternate list. When moving a player from the alternate list into the main draw, the player who is at the bottom of the main draw will be moved into the alternate list.
- Select Save Selections when you're done making adjustments to the Selections. Do not select Finalize if you are planning on making future adjustments.
- Once Finalize is selected, the player selection cannot be adjusted in Serve Tennis
How to Move Players from Alternate List to Main Draw in Tournament Desk
To move a player(s) from the alternate list to the main draw in Tournament Desk, follow the steps below.
- Click Launch Tournament Desk in the Tournament Module.
- Navigate to the Events tab and select the appropriate event.
- Navigate to the Alternates list in the Entries tab and click Main Draw next to the player's name to move them to the main draw.
- If you don't see the Main draw option next to the player's name, you will need to edit the order of the alternates list, as only the top player in the alternates list has the option to be moved into the draw.
- If you need to reorder the alternates list, select Edit order.
- Then left-click and hold over the six small dots to the left of the player name. You can then drag the player to a position in the list order of your choice. Select Save once you have finished moving players.
- Once your player is at the top of alternates list, click Main Draw next to the player's name to move them to the main draw.
- After confirming information regarding what that player will be charged, click Promote Player
- The promoted player will be moved to the Selected Participants list and can be scheduled on the main draw.