You can add a player to an event or multiple events after you have already finalized your Player Selections and launched Tournament Desk.
If Player Selections have not been finalized in Serve Tennis, you can add a player to an event by following the steps in the Moving a Player(s) Into Another Event- Before Selections Are Finalized guide. To add a player to an event after you have finalized player selections follow the steps below.
How to add a Player to an Event after Player Selections are Finalized
If the player is already in the tournament and tournament desk and you are looking to move them into another event click here to skip ahead to adding a player to an event.
If the player is not currently registered to this tournament you will need to add them from the tournament module. Please follow the steps below for assistance with this process.
- Click the Tournament module within the admin area.
- Select the tournament you would like to add a player to.
- Click Players on the top menu of the tournament.
- In the Entries tab, click on All events and select the event you would like to add the player to.
- Click Add players.
- Search for the player by last name or USTA number, then click Select on the player you would like to add.
- Please Note: you are not able to add any players who are not yellow ball eligible for L1 - L7 tournaments.
- Click Save to confirm adding the player to the tournament.
- Click the Send confirmation email toggle to choose whether the player will receive an email communication upon being added to the event.
- Navigate to Tournament Desk by clicking Launch Tournament Desk on the tournament menu.
- In Tournament Desk, click on the Participants tab and click Synchronize participants.
- This synchronizes the players list, pulling the newly added player through from the tournament module into Tournament Desk. This needs to be done in order for the added player to show up in Tournament Desk.
- Once the player has been added to the tournament, search for the player in the Participants tab in Tournament Desk.
- You can search by first name, last name or both.
- Click the three dots under the Actions header next the player's name and click Add to Event.
- Select the appropriate event from the drop-down menu and click Confirm to add the player to the event in Tournament Desk.
- They will now appear in the event and under the alternates list.
- To add them to the main draw, navigate to the Events tab and select the appropriate event.
- Navigate to the Alternates list in the Entries section, and click Main Draw next to the player's name to move them to the Selected Participants list.
- You may need to edit the order of the alternates list to do this, as only the top player in the alternates list has the option to be moved into the draw.
- After confirming information regarding what that player will be charged, click Promote Player
- The promoted player will be moved to the Selected Participants list and can be scheduled on the main draw.