Cardio Tennis is a fun group activity for anyone at any playing level looking for a fun way to burn calories & interact with others outside of the gym. It is a high energy fitness activity that combines the best features of the sport of tennis with cardiovascular exercise, delivering the ultimate, full body, calorie burning aerobic workout. It's a social & fun class for players of all ability levels taught by a tennis teaching professional or fitness professional.
Cardio Tennis is one of the USTA tennis programs and will be advertised on the USTA programming search page: https://playtennis.usta.com/programming The customers can filter and search for Cardio Tennis in the filters.
If you only want to offer this to your own club members, then remove the check mark on the USTA programming option when creating your program.
To create a Cardio Tennis program, follow these steps:
Step 1: From the Program module, Click USTA Cardio Tennis under Adult.
Step 2: In order to run a Cardio Tennis course, you must first complete the checklist:
- Accept the Terms and Conditions- Click Read Terms and accept
- Setup secure online Stripe Payments- if charging for the course, click Setup Stripe, see guide for assistance: Registering With Stripe
- NOTE: If Stripe is already connected, you will see a check mark for this step in your checklist. If you don't wish to take online payment you don't need to complete this task.
- Create a coaching team
- NOTE: If a coaching team is already created, you will see a check mark for this step in your checklist.
Once your club checklist is 100% complete then you will be able to create and publish the event.
Step 3: Click Add New Program
Step 4: Select the type of program you would like to create: Short course, Single session, Recurring session.
Step 5: Select the Status for the course. This is how you would like your course advertised. There are four options:
Step 6: Complete this remaining fields for the program as required:
- Program Name is what will be shown on your course in the advert.
- Code is for your internal reference.
- Skill level are not mandatory fields, but will help with people searching, you can add multiple ball colors.
- You can enter a minimum age - this will show in the front end and unless you validate the age it is a guide rather than a compulsory mandate. This guide gives your more details on Validating Age in Programming and Holiday Camps
- Additional information: This is shown in the course webpage overview
You can enter confirmation text which will be displayed when the user has completed the purchase. This may include what they should bring to the session.
- Date of your upcoming course - or if required - enter a past date or same-day date for courses which have already started. If it a short course or recurring sessions then you can choose how many weeks the course will run. The number of sessions will automatically populate.
- In recurring, you can choose how far in advance to allow bookings. You can choose how many of your sessions you want available on the public website for participants to book. The maximum you can show is 10 weeks ahead. Further details are here: Creating Recurring Programming Sessions ring the capacity. The course will show as full when it has reached capacity and prevent people from booking onto it.
- You can choose the day of the week the program will run. You can choose up to 7 days, or just one day by clicking on the day. i.e. if your program is offered two days a week, click on two days. The example below is running every Tuesday for 9 weeks. ( The example below is for recurring courses, for short courses you are asked to state the number of weeks)
- Tick if you would like the program published On USTA.com or in Local sections listing page
- Add Photos if you would like to show on your webpage. If left blank, the USTA default photo will be used.
- Search pages - if checked then this is where the program will be advertised.
- Tick Online or Offline Payment. If you tick offline, leave instructions on how they are to pay.
- Turn Participant Cancellations on or off. If on, you can choose to Auto Refund.
Step 7: Enter Session details:
- Choose a facility where the program will be held. If the facility is not listed, you will need to add one here. This guide can will assist: How to Add a Facility
- Enter ball color
- Choose a Lead Coach and Staff
- Select a time and duration of the course
- Tick registration window on if you would like to control when players can register
- Enter Capacity - once the course is full. The course will still display but not allow any further participants.
- Select if you would like to offer a discount to members. If yes, they will select whether they are a member or non-member when registering
- Enter the Cost
- If you would like to choose Courts, tick ON and select from the available courts. This will block the selected courts for Cardio Tennis at the selected time.
Step 8: Click Save Program. You will then be taken to your course page, where you can view, edit and add new classes. You can View classes and Edit program by selecting OPTIONS to the right of the course listing:
If you have chosen the recurring session and for any reason one session is not running, you can delete or edit individual sessions.