Below are some frequently asked questions and answers regarding Foundation grants.
When can I apply for Foundation grants?
The grant application cycle opens on March 17th, for more information on the key dates for the Foundation, please refer to the USTA Foundation FAQs.
How do I submit grant requests?
The Program Grant Application is now closed for 2022.
If you've submitted a grant request for 2022, you will be able to see the status of your funding requests on the Chapter Funding section of the Dashboard. For information regarding the USTA Foundation Portal, please refer to the USTA Foundation Portal FAQs.
How do I save my progress so I can come back to it later?
Click the checkbox at the top of the grant request form and then click Save.
How do I resume my saved progress?
To resume from where you left off, you can either click Resume this form now or follow the instructions that have been sent to the email associated with your account.
You will need to navigate to the page where you stopped, but all of your information will be saved.
Can I use my browser buttons to navigate to different pages?
Using a web browser’s back button and page forward button will result in the loss of any values entered into a form. Please use the buttons and links embedded within the Salesforce page to navigate ahead or back to a prior page.
How long does it take to hear back regarding my grant approval?
Grant applicants will be notified of their grant approval on May 13th, 2022.
Where do I see my submitted Grant Approval or the prior funding I've received?
From the Dashboard in the Chapter Portal, you can view the status of your Chapter's funding requests and prior funding. For information regarding the USTA Foundation Portal, please refer to the USTA Foundation Portal FAQs.
How much funding is awarded through Foundation grants?
For more information on Foundation grants including grant amounts, please refer to the Grant Categories and Guidelines.
What are the prerequisites for a grant cycle?
- In order to be considered for funding, you must have completed all of your organization's latest required grant reports (if applicable).
- Also, your organization MUST be SafePlay compliant, meaning that the Executive Director along with any staff or volunteer whose activities involve regular contact or authority over a minor athlete participating in that NJTL's activities or programs, must fulfill and maintain throughout their time with the NJTL.
- The deadline to submit your application is April 8th.
- Your Tax ID that appears on the grant form is based on our records. If it is incorrect or has changed, please update the Tax ID in the form.
- The portal does not autosave -- you must click the Save button to ensure your data will not be lost.
- Data from your application will also be used to create infographics and reports, which may be shared from time to time with USTAF-determined third parties for reporting, strategy, and other USTAF-determined purposes. In addition, USTAF may share your application data with USTA Sections and Districts to support the review of applications, grantee monitoring, or other uses as determined solely by the USTAF.
Please Note: There is no guarantee of funding in one or both cycles since USTAF funding is not guaranteed on an annual basis. Additionally, no more than $50,000 shall be granted to any individual organization across both funding cycles.