When creating a draw in Tournament Desk, you have the ability to add player avoidances. This allows you to prevent certain players from drawing each other, based on the criteria you set up. To add a player avoidance, follow the steps below.
How to Create Player Avoidances
- Navigate to Tournament Desk by clicking Launch Tournament Desk on the tournament menu.
- Navigate to the Events tab and select the appropriate event.
- Click Add avoidances.
- From the next screen, you have the option to create rules to prevent players from each other or you can choose specific players directly to avoid each other in the draw
- To add a rule, click Choose rules.
- Select the rule options you require and then click Choose.
- If you wish to remove a rule after selecting Choose, you can remove it from the next screen
- To add a Group, click Add group.
- Select the players you wish to avoid each other in the draw and provide a name for the grouping and click Save group
- Once you have added the avoidance rules required, click Save avoidances.
- You will see confirmation of the avoidances added on the ‘draw’ tab. You can now create the draw when ready.