Split draws can be created upon draw creation within Tournament Desk. Currently, split draw events can only be completed for Junior Levels 4, 5, 6, and 7's, Junior Circuit, or Wheelchair and Unsanctioned events. This is dependent on whether the Section or District that the organization is linked with has enabled this. Split draws aren't available for adult levels at this time. To create a split draw, please follow the steps below or click here for a short video tutorial.
Please note: When creating split draws you must use the same draw format for each one. This ensures the same ranking points to be awarded.
How to Create Split Draws
- Navigate to Tournament Desk by clicking Launch Tournament Desk on the tournament menu.
- Click on the Events tab and select the appropriate event.
- Under the Entries tab you can set draw avoidances by clicking Add avoidances
- Complete the seeding from Entries tab, as you would a normal draw.
- Further details on seeding are available in the Manual and Automatic Seeding guide.
- Select Manage Draws and then click Split draw. Once you have selected your options, select Save.
- You will be prompted to specify how many draws you want to make, how you would like to name them (color or custom), how the draw will be split (Ranking, Playtracker (PT), or WTN), and the method.
- Once the draw has been split, you will see your created draws under the event information.
- Now you will need to Seed each draw (blue, red, green, etc). Click on the draw, Click Participants to open up the box, then click Seeding.
- Create the draw: Select the split draw you are looking to work with, ensure the players are the players you want in that specific draw, select make a draw and follow the typical draw creation pathway.
- Once your draws have been created and are ready to be published, select Draw Options and Publish draw.
- From the Draw options, you can also select Print draw, Generate playoffs, or Delete draw.
Split Draw Format Information
Flight Format: This format works best when the tournament director knows the skill level of all the participants. The draws can then be set up accordingly, with one division for more competitive players and the other for less experienced players.
Waterfall Format: This format is to mix up the ability of players, so when you add the seeds arrange by ranking, it will put the seed 1 in red, seed 2 in blue, seed 3 in red, seed 4 in blue, and so on.
- You can delete all draws or add new draws under the Manage draws option. You can also edit the draws under this option, which will allow you to change the draw names and adjust the order they display.
- You can move players between draws, from the draws, and any other typical draw edits by left-clicking on a specific player and following the prompts - remove from draw then add them in the other draw.
Move players between flights/draws after the draw has been made
Once your draws are created. You may want to move one player from one draw to another. To do this, you will need to ensure there is space in the draw you wish to add the player.
- In the entries tab - you need to select the player you wish to add/ remove from the draw by checking the box next to their name. You can do this in bulk, by selecting a number of players or just one.
Once you have added them to the draw. You will then go to the Draw you wish to add them and click on the space to add them back in.
RR draw format:
Then select the player from the list and click Replace Participant