Serve Tennis is a tennis management software provided by the USTA to all registered organizations and tennis professionals. As of 2021 all sanctioned USTA tournaments are run through Serve Tennis instead of the TennisLink software.
If you are a Tournament Director and wish to run a USTA sanctioned tournament, you must be Safe Play approved and either be added as a Tournament Director to an existing Serve Tennis account for a USTA Organization or you must onboard your USTA Organization to Serve Tennis. You will also need to have accepted the invitation email from your respective Section or District to be approved to run a USTA Sanctioned Tournament. Below is an overview of both account options for more information.
Option 1: Be a Tournament Director on an existing Serve Tennis account
To be listed as a Tournament Director on an existing Serve Tennis account, you will need to be invited by an admin for the Organization's Serve Tennis account. You can contact the person who is the super admin of the organization and ask them to add you as a contact. They can do this by following the steps on this guide: Add an Administrator
Once they have added you, you will receive an email to accept. We then recommend bookmarking the URL so you can access the website easily in the future.
Option 2: Create a new Serve Tennis account for your organization
To create an Organization account you will need to be listed on the organization as the Member Admin.
You can follow these steps:
1. First access: https://www.usta.com/servetennis and click Get Started. You will view a screen to log in with your USTA.com account unless you are already logged in.
2a. If you have not been added as an admin for a Serve Tennis account you will see the below screen. Select Activate your Organization to continue.
2b. If you are an admin for a Serve Tennis account you will see the organization listed with the option to click Open. Clicking Open will bring you to the admin view of that account. If you do not see the organization you are looking for please click on the link to Activate your Organization at the bottom.
3a. If your account is linked to an organization that has not been activated for Serve Tennis you will see it listed. Please click on Select to continue activating a Serve Tennis account for the organization. If the organization you are looking for is not listed please click on the link to Add your Organization.
3b. If you do not have any organizations linked to your USTA.com account you will see the below screen. Please click on Add an Organization on USTA.com to continue through the organization linking flow.
4. After selecting to add an organization on USTA.com you will be brought to the organization type page. Please select the type of organization that you want to link to.
5. Use the search to type in your organization's name or the zip code.
If you locate your organization select it from the list. If you are not the current admin then it will provide the name of the current admin and you will need to contact that person to continue. If you believe this information is not correct, it will provide you with the information on how to contact the USTA membership team to get this corrected.
If there is no admin associated with the organization you will be able to link yourself to the organization. Please complete the flow and then you will be brought back to the Activate Serve Tennis page to select your organization.
If you can not find your Organization you can add an organization and complete the fields for further information.
Further details including a 3-minute video tutorial on this are available here: How To Link Your Account To an Organization (Video).
6. Once you have linked your organization to yourself, you will be redirected back to the Activate Serve Tennis page.
7. Select the organization that you just linked to. This will create your Serve Tennis site for the organization and bring you to the admin area of your new Serve Tennis site. To learn more about this new platform check out more articles here.
After getting access to your organization on Serve Tennis, we recommend bookmarking/adding the Serve Tennis website URL to your favorites so you can access it again easily. You are able to get back to the Access Serve Tennis page to open your Serve Tennis account from the profile drop-down menu on USTA.com as well.
Q: If I've been added to the Serve Tennis platform why don't I see any linked organizations on the Organization tab of my USTA account?
A: Only the Member Admin of the organization can see the linked organization from their USTA account. There can only be one Member Admin per organization and this role is assigned on USTA.com not Serve Tennis. In the past, this role had been assigned during the purchase of an organization membership on USTA.com, it is now assigned when a user links themselves to the organization on USTA.com before they buy a membership. This role expires every five years.
Further details on this are available here: FAQ
Q. How do I bookmark my URL? A: Depending on which web browser you use is slightly different.
For Google Chrome:
- Once the login page loads, click on the star to the right of the URL and it will bookmark, as below.
for Internet Explorer:
- Once the login page loads, click on the star icon in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on the down arrow beside Add to Favorites and select Add to Favorites Bar.
- Once the login page loads, click on the share icon at the top of the screen.
- Click on Add Bookmark.
- Click Add in the pop-up window that appears.