In the Tournament Application Checklist, you will be asked to confirm your rules and pricing for the tournament. Within 'Rules & Pricing' you are able to specify rules and discounts for your tournament.
Please note. Once a tournament is published you CAN NOT edit the rules and pricing of a tournament. So it important to get it right. (Section staff can change this for you as long as no players have registered and the tournament is not published to the search page).
Please see the calculator tool below to help you work out how much you want to charge and how much you will collect after the Stripe Fees and Section/District Head Tax/Players Fees are taken.
How to Set the Rules and Pricing for a Tournament
You can see the Rules & Pricing section in your Tournament tab. Open the corresponding tournament and you will see the rules and pricing at the top right of the screen. You will be asked to confirm the rules prior to submitting the tournament. Once submitted, you will no longer be able to edit the rules and pricing yourself.
Age Verification Rule
If you are wanting to allow players to register into different age groups, ensure the 'Allow registration in different age groups' is toggled on. Please note, the Tournament Director still maintains control over who is actually accepted into the tournament and varying event.
If you leave this untoggled the players age will be verified at point of registration and not allow someone who does not meet the age requirement to enter. i.e. for 40's + would not allow a player age 39 to register for this event. Age verification is at the time of the event, not the age at registration.
The rule is applicable for all events in the tournament.
Select 1 of 3 options for maximum number of events allowed to register:
- No maximum- If you do not want to set a limitation.
- Set a maximum number across all events: If you are looking to cap the number of events a player can register for. Select 1-12 in the drop down field. This will prevent them for registering for more than the allowed, it will show a message to explain this at registration if they attempt this.
- Set separate maximum number for singles and doubles event: If you would like to set separate limits for singles and doubles. Select 1-12 in each drop drown field. The below example would mean they can register for 1 singles event and 1 doubles event. If you want to set a maximum event for all - you click on across all events, so they could enter 2 singles for example.
Select 1 of 3 options for Discounts for events:
|No multiple entries discount
|This means players will pay full amount for each event, based on the price of the event.
|Discount across all events
|Option to offer discounts for entering more than one event, this will count for all events.
|Discount for singles and doubles
|Option to offer a discount for players who play in both a singles event and doubles event
Discounts are applied at the check out stage of the player registration.
For Discount across all events - mark the circle blue and a box will appear.
The cost for the 1st can not be changed here - this is cost listed in the event (you can change this by editing the event prior to submitting for approval).
To add the discount, click add row. Here you put in the cost of the 2nd event, and so on.
If you put a maximum event # as higher than the discount per event, e.g. maximum 3 events but only put a discount for a second event, the 3rd event will be discounted to the same price as the second event.
e.g. The first event is $55.00
The second event is $27.50 and third is not discounted.
It is per player - so the player registers for three events they will pay a total of $110 because the third event is discounted to the price of the second event.
For discounts for singles and doubles event
This works as above except you can separate for singles and doubles. The double cost will be the price set in the event, but if they are entering two doubles events, you can mark the second event cost as $0 or as in the example below $10.00.
Once you enter the price click done to lock it in in. You will be able to edit it. Remember to press save.
Please note: if you are not presented with the option to add in an additional event price, click into the field for 'maximum number of events' adjust the value, and then readjust back to the value you would like. Then, when you return to the additional event price field, you should be presented with the option to add the price points.
Scenario #1: A Tournament director would like to charge players a different fee for singles and doubles,
for example, Singles Event is $100, Doubles Event is $50. However, if a player signs up for both singles and doubles event, they want the doubles event to be free. So the maximum they pay is $100 for 2 events. They will always be charged the most expensive event first.
Your rules and pricing should look like below.
To achieve the above example:
- TD must create the singles and doubles events separately in the add event flow
- TD will create all the singles events first and set the price for singles $100.00
- Then TD will create all doubles events and set the price for doubles $50.00
- TD will allow player to register for maximum events of 2
- TD will choose “Discount across all events”
- TD will add a 2nd event price and set it to $0
Scenario #2: A Tournament director would like to charge more for the first event that a player registers for than what they set it up as when adding events.
- This is the only scenario for tournament price that cannot be changed in the rules and pricing area.
- To change the cost of the first event that a player would register for, the tournament director will need to edit the individual events to make the cost higher.
- After that, they can navigate to rules and pricing to discount the cost of entries for more than one event.
Scenario #3: A tournament director would like to charge a flat rate for any doubles events the player registers for but still charge for each singles event the player registers for.
- After the tournament director has added their singles and doubles event, navigate to the rules and pricing tab.
- If the tournament director would like a different cost for singles and doubles, add all of the singles events at one price first and then add all of the doubles events.
- Select “Discount for singles and doubles event” under offer discounts for multiple entrees
- Select “Add row” under the doubles events side, enter “0” and click done
- Now when a player registers for multiple doubles events, they will only be charge a fee for the first doubles event, the rest will be $0.