Why is declaring residency important?
Residency declaration is a requirement for registering in closed USTA tournaments.
Declaring residency shall determine the players who may play in Closed Sectional and District Tournaments, the players who may appear on a Sectional Quota List, and the players who may be selected to represent a Sectional Association or District Association in a team competition.
When can you declare residency?
Players can only declare/update their residency once per calendar year. You must declare your child's residency prior to registering for a closed USTA tournament.
If your child's residency information has changed more than once in the calendar year, please contact USTA Customer Care. For your convenience, click the blue Help button in the bottom left corner of the page to chat with our team.
How to Declare Your Residency
Please follow the steps below to access your USTA account and the residency declaration.
- Visit USTA.com and click LOG IN.
- Sign in to your USTA Account.
- Choose one of the sign-in options, input your credentials, and sign in.
- If you've forgotten your USTA Account password, click here for instructions.
- Access the Family tab.
- Once you are logged in, click on the User Icon on the top right-hand corner.
- Click on FAMILY from the drop-down menu. This will bring you to the Family tab.
- Access your child's account.
- Click Edit on the child's record to manage their account.
- Declare your child's residency.
- Scroll down to the Player Residency Declaration section of the page.
- Input your address. Please confirm your address is correct, as it can only be updated once per calendar year.
- If the system does not let you update your address, it means you've exceeded the once per calendar year rule. Please click the blue Help button in the bottom left corner of the page to chat with our Customer Care team.
- Click SUBMIT. Your residency declaration has now been submitted.
- Review your child's Residency Declaration.
- If your declaration was successfully submitted, the current date will display as shown below.