To withdraw a player from a tournament once registered, the Tournament Director can either not select that that player in Selections or can manually withdraw the player by following the below steps:
Note: A player can withdraw themselves from the tournament prior to the registration close date. If the registration close date has passed, they can request a withdraw and the TD will receive an email for the withdrawal request.
Withdrawing a player prior to player selection will be done within the Serve Tennis Admin Page, the player may also withdraw themselves from their USTA Profile: You can share this guide to assist them: How to Withdraw from a Tournament
Withdrawing a player can take place at many stages - we have provided the steps below based on a number of scenarios:
Tournament Director to withdraw a player before player selections are completed.
- From within the admin area, select the 'Tournaments' module
- Click the tournament name
- Select the Players tab
- Select the player from the list - entries.
- Click Withdraw next to the event to be withdrawn from
- Verify the player and click Withdraw
- Outcome: The player will receive an email confirming they are withdrawn from the event. They will be removed from the players list.
Withdrawing a player after player Selection but before the draws have been made.
- Click the Events tab in Tournament Desk
- Select the Event from the list
- Click Options next to the player to be withdrawn from
- Select Withdraw from the drop down
They will then be moved to the withdrawals section.
Please note: As they were in the main draw they will have been charged and depending on your refund policy, you can make a refund.
Withdrawing after the draws have been made.
Tournament Directors can now withdraw players in Tournament Desk while still keeping them in the draw so the player that is meant to play against them can still receive points for the match.
Note: this can only be done in the first match as after that, it should be recorded as either a WO, Retirement, Default or Other.
Withdrawing from the draw:
- Click on the 3 dots for the first match that the withdrawn player will be playing in to enter a score
- Instead of entering a score, click on the 3 dots next to the score entry box of said player
- The Match Status box will open up, chose Withdrawal from the drop down
- In the second box chose the reason for the Withdrawal
- The player will now show in the draw as Withdrawn and the other player in the match will receive points for the win.