Coaches must be USPTA or PTR certified and in good standing to assess a player aged 7 or 8 years old from orange to green ball. The assessment can be completed from the Net Generation mobile app. If you haven't already downloaded the app, click here for more information.
This guide uses the example of moving a player up to the green ball competition level, you may do assessment and skill level changes for all of the ball colors within the app, except for the yellow ball.
Connect to a Player
- If you're not already connected with a player, share your Net Generation coach profile with them
- Click on the profile icon in the top left, then click connect, and then click "Share my profile"
- Select a sharing option and send the text, email, etc
- After you've shared your coach profile, the Parent/Player can send you a connection request through the app
- You will see these requests to connect in the Connections part of the app
- Go to connections and click on a player, click on add progress, and then click on Assess Performance
- Choose the Orange Level 1, Green Level 2, or Green Level 1 Assessment and watch the 25-minute training video. This training video is only required to be watched once per level and will instruct you how and when to carry out an assessment
- Important: You must select the assessment and the skill level for the level the player is currently at, not the one they are moving to
- Complete the appropriate assessment
- The player must score 85% or above to successfully pass the assessment
- If the player passes the assessment, change the player's skill level immediately after saving the assessment
Change Skill Level
- Immediately after assessing the player with a score of 85% or higher, you can change the skill level
- From the add progress page, click on Change Skill Level
- Choose the same level you just did the assessment for (Orange Level 1, Green Level 2, or Green Level 1) and click submit progress. You must select the skill level for the level the player is currently at, not the one they are moving to
- Example: If the player successfully passes the assessment for Orange Level 1, the skill level must be changed to Orange Level 1. The system will then update the player to Green ball, and the player will be able to register for a new event in real-time
- The player is now able to register for green ball level tournaments