Player selection is completed in the Serve Tennis admin pages. You can complete player selection after registration closes.
When you have finalized all player selections in ALL events (even events that have no players in them) - the player selection is then complete and you will have the ability to Launch Tournament Desk. You can add players after you have launched Tournament Desk, please reference the instructions at the bottom of the page.
If you need to move players into other events you can do this and should be done before and after player selection.
The benefit of doing it before is that they will receive communication for the correct event.
- Moving A Player(s) Into Another Event-Before Selections are Finalized
- Adding A Player(s) To An Event-After Players Are Finalized
To select Entry Players, go to the Tournaments module within the admin area.
Step 1: Click the Players tab on the right.
Step 2: Click Player Selections.
Step 3: You can sort the players by Ranking / NRTP or Registration Date. The default will be made top-down by ranking.
Step 4: Unselected Players will be listed in the box to the right. Select players by one of the following three way:
- Dragging and dropping all players or selected players into the Draw and Alternate fields.
- Clicking on the three-dots to the right of the player's name.
- Clicking the three dots to the right of Unassigned Players then click add all unassigned players. This will automatically move players into the draw and alternate fields.
If selecting players for the doubles events, please refer to this guide: Creating Doubles Teams In Serve Tennis
Step 6: You must not leave any players in the unselected list. They either have to be in the draw or alternates list. If they are not in either of these you must withdraw them.
Step 7: Click Save. You can save and come back to edit before clicking Finalize. You will need to finalize all events, even if there aren't any players in the event. You can delete the event from the events tab if there are 0 players in the event.
Step 8: Click Finalize only when selections are finalized. Once finalized, adjustments will not be able to be made.
Step 9: Click on the Entries Tab, and click Charge Players. At this point, players will be charged for the tournament The players in the alternate list are not charged. If you move them to the main draw at a later date they will be charged.
Once selections are finalized for all events you will be able to access Tournament Desk. Even if some of the events are not going ahead, you will still need to finalize these to be able to progress to the next step.
Each player will have a list of events that they have registered for with a blue or a green dot.
- Blue dot - player registered
- Green dot - player selected
For some Tournament Directors, you may be shown a message asking you to go to the payment settings. Further information is available in this article: Enable Manual Payouts on Stripe Express.
FAQs on Player Selections
- I finalized and Launched Tournament Desk and I want to add another player.
You can add a player after tournament selections. To do this, follow the instructions at the bottom of the Adding A Player After Tournament Registration Has Closed article.
- Why do I have to finalize all events even though no players are in the event?
If you do not have any players in the event, you can delete the event before finalizing. To do this go to the events tab and click on the three dots and delete the event. This will also avoid having multiple events without draws in your Tournament Desk.
- I have finalized and charged my players. Why are some showing unpaid?
We recommend waiting 24 hours, as these statuses may change. Stripe will be trying to collect the payments, some take longer than others due to the banks, etc. Check back after 24 hours before reaching out to the participants to collect payments. We also have the guide Collecting Payouts in Stripe Express for Tournament Directors regarding payments.
- I have finalized and charged my players but the doubles players are showing unpaid?
Double players will not be charged until they are paired and in the draw in Tournament Desk.
- How do I explain the rankings/standing lists to my players?We have two video guides to explain rankings you can view and share these from these guides:
How USTA Assigns Ranking Points for Juniors (Video)
USTA Adult Rankings (Video)