USTA Team Challenge is an introduction to tennis competition offering a low-pressure team environment for children of all ages to develop their skills through level-based play, without an emphasis on instruction or results.
To create Team Challenge:
Step 1: From the admin area, select the Programming module within the menu on the left of your screen.
Step 2: Select 'Team Challenge' under Junior.
Step 3: Select 'Add new event' on the top menu:
Step 4: Checklist must be 100 % completed. Here is a guide to assist: Your Team Challenge Checklist
Step 5: Click Add New Event.
Step 6: Select Short Course, Single event, or Series.
Step 7: Complete form with event details.
The status is how you would like to advertise the course, you have 4 options to chose from:
- The Program Name is what will be shown on your course in the advert.
Code is for your internal reference.
- Ball color and skill level are not mandatory fields, but will help with people searching, you can add multiple ball colors.
- You can enter a minimum age - this will show in the front end and unless you validate the age it is a guide rather than a compulsory mandate. This guide gives your more details on Validating Age in Programming and Holiday Camps
- Description: This is shown in the course webpage overview
You can enter confirmation text which will be displayed when the user has completed the purchase. This may include what they should bring to the session.
- Start date of your upcoming course - or if required - enter a past date or same-day date for courses which have already started. If it a short course or recurring sessions then you can choose how many weeks the course will run. . The number of sessions will automatically populate.
- By entering the capacity. The course will show as full when it has reached capacity and prevent people from booking onto it.
- In recurring, choose how far in advance to allow bookings. You can choose how many of your sessions you want available on the public website for participants to book. The maximum you can show is 10 weeks ahead. Further details are here: Creating Recurring Programming Sessions
- Choose the day of the week the program will run. You can choose up to 7 days, or just one day by clicking on the day. i.e. if your program is offered two days a week, click on two days. The example below is running every Tuesday for 9 weeks. ( The example below is for recurring courses, for short courses you are asked to state the number of weeks)
Please note - if you run the event on more than one day, the time of the event will need to be same (we are working on changing this feature in the future). If the times are different, then you will have to set up two courses)
- For capacity - once the course is full. The course will still display but not allow any further participants.
- Contact email and phone number - this is displayed in the program information and email confirmations.
- Include your waiver, the players will have to accept the terms and conditions here to complete registration. If no waiver is added, this option will not be available.
- Publish this program of the USTA.com Program search or your local section listing page. You can unselect/select these as you wish.
- Photo: Upload your photo. If no photo is uploaded a default photo will be used. Further guidance on uploading photos are available uploading images.
- Costs : Here you can choose how to collect the fees. If it is a free course, select Offline.
- When completing the costs section, you can decide whether or not you would like to offer a discount to members and you can also 'Allow joining after course has started'.
- If you enable this you can then enter a cost per class, this will calculate how much the player will be required to pay at the point of joining. Alternatively, you can leave the cost per class blank, this will allow players to join after the course has started and pay the same amount as the course cost.
- Cancellations- you can choose if a member can cancel their course. To enable this toggle them to the right, to show it as blue. You can choose the time prior to the course starting that cancellations are allowed.
- To find a facility - first type in the facility name. If no facility with that name is found, then you will have the chance to add a facility. Further details are available here: How to Add a Facility
NOTE: remember if you are delivering programs to juniors you will need a Safe Play approved coach.
- Session defaults. You can enter your Lead Coach and any other coaches who will be helping to run the course. (Please note: individual classes can be edited after.)
- Optional extra to book courts - at this point, if your court booking at the facility is set up, then you will be able to book the courts for your programming course. To set up the court booking you can read here: court booking guides
- Toggle the Choose Courts and choose which court you wish to reserve. You can book up to 5 courts. If they are not available they will not show.
Step 8: SAVE your course.