To set up the bank account in which your tournament fees will be collected you need to set up a Stripe Express account. You will not be able to set up the tournament until you create the Stripe Express account. The Stripe Express account only for the tournament module and is different from the Stripe Standard account. You can use the same Stripe Express account in programming, court booking, and membership module.
The Stripe Express account can be setup by the tournament administrator, administrator, or super administrator within the Serve Tennis administrator roles. However, the person setting it up has to have access to and responsibility for the bank account. So if using an organization's bank account, it should be set up by the person responsible for the finances of the organization. Additionally, you can add multiple STRIPE express accounts for each tournament director.
If you have any other questions regarding Stripe express, please check out our Stripe Express FAQ.
How to Connect a Stripe Express Account for Tournaments
Prior to starting you will need the following information:
- Mobile number to verify Stripe account (you will need access to the mobile to receive the verification pin number)
- Email address you wish to be associated with the Stripe account
- Your Social Security Number (personal) or Employer Identification Number EIN (company)
- The bank account where you wish to receive payments. You will need your account number and routing number or card number and the expiration date of the debit card.
- Once you have all the above information, follow the steps below.
From your Serve Tennis account, click on the Tournaments module of the lefts side.
- Click on set up a payment account as shown below.
Choose Personal or Company
- Personal: Is connected to your own bank account. Your name will automatically be entered and you will not be able to change it.
- Company: Is connected to your company bank account, you will be able to enter the company name.
- You will be sent a verification code to your mobile. Enter this here.
If you have joined as a company- You will need to complete:
- Business name / EIN / Registered business address (this is where the business bank account is associated) and phone number.
- For Industry, we recommend you choose: Entertainment and Recreation - Other entertainment and recreation, and in the product description you write Tennis Tournaments and your website URL.
- You will be able to add other business owners who you would like to have access to this account. You will need to provide their name and email address or you can continue without adding any business owners. 480709
- If you have joined as a company- You will need to complete:
Choose between a Bank Account or Debit Card to receive payments -
We recommend entering the bank details in manually. Rather than linking to your online bank account, although this is possible. We also recommend entering the routing number and account number, because if you add a Debit Card - many of the cards limit the single payout transactions to $3000 and this can cause issues down the line.
- Verification summary- edit details if necessary.
Once setup correctly you will be returned to the Serve Tennis account and be able to create your first tournament.
- From the payment settings page you will be able to manage the account, click on Manage on Stripe and it will take you directly to your account where you will see payments received. You can also go back and add others to the account or change the bank details. To get back to this page, click on the Payment Settings tab on the top right of the tournaments module.
- If you need to edit the account when it is set up, you can do this by clicking on Managing on Stripe: Managing and Editing my Stripe Express Account
- If you need to disconnect the account - then please email customer care and we can assist you with this.