To create a Camp, go to the programming module in the Admin Area. As with other courses, Stripe needs to be set up in your Serve Tennis account if you want to collect online payments. This guide will assist with Stripe in programming: Registering With Stripe for Programs, Membership, Court Booking and Social Play
Step 1: Click on Programming module on the left handside then Click 'Camps on top right of the screen.
Step 2: Click Add New Camp at the top right
Step 3: Enter tournament details
- Status- Select from options below
- Public - camp can be booked onto from your website
- Hidden - camp is closed to everyone
- Direct Link only - camp can be booked onto by forwarding a link to your players / parents (link is created when you click on 'Save' at the end )
- Archive - Select this option to Archive the camp when it is finished.
- Code- input a code for your camp (this is for your reference- we recommend putting the date/year)
- Description- Enter camp details and information - this is what will show on your public page, to explain who the camp is for, what will be covered etc.
- Confirmation- this is what the person registering for the camp will see after purchasing the camp.
- Start date- this is the date of the first day of camp.
- Number of Days - the maximum number is 5 days (for a weekday Camp). If you have a Camp that runs over several weeks, then you can create a separate 'Camp' for each 5-day block. E.g. Camp Week 1, Camp Week 2 and so on. Or you can have muliptle week. (in the Number of Weeks - state how many weeks you want to enter.
- Players can Book - Half Day / Full Day. Please note, if you choose Half Day sessions here - your players will still have the option to select a 'Full Day' at check-out if they want to purchase a full day.
If your camp is say 9-11am only, choose Full Day. The half days is for those who offer full days, but people can book morning or afternoon or full day sessions.
- Skill Level - Choose from Beginner / Intermediate / Advanced / All (this is in the camp search filter- so make sure it is correct).
- Age Guidance - Enter the minimum and maximum ages for this Camp (leave boxes blank for no limit). This is just guidance and you may have people older or younger signing up.
- Capacity - You can set your camps with a limited capacity by entering the maximum amount of participants you would like to attend each camp.
- Contact email & phone number
- Add waiver
- Publish this Program on: Tick on if you would like the camp publish on USTA.com Camp/Program Search. More details on the USTA camp search is available here for the public: Searching and registering for Camps on USTA.com
- Listing photo/camp details photo- upload a photos by clicking on the 'browse' button as shown below: If you do not upload a photo, the default will be used in the camp details photo.
- Session details including: Morning & Afternoon session times, Early drop off and Late pick up times.
If you don't check the early/ late drop off boxes, it will not show on your public listing. This for those who want offer extended hours.
Lead Coach - to run a camp, your lead coach and all staff listed must be safeplay approved. If they are not approved for the time of the camp, the camp will be restricted and no publised on line. To add a coach you will need to click on How to Cancel a Coaching Program, once added they will appear in your drop down.
- Costs- you can enter options including sibling discounts, member discounts, morning/afternoon pricing. You can also create a discount code to promote your camp. See more information here on how to create: Discount Codes for Programming and Camps
You can collect offline payments, if you choose this option, the players will automatically be signed on. You must include a description on how you want to receive payment.
The discount code will be in addition to the membership and sibling discounts created here. i.e. if you offer 10% off for the camp, they will also be entitled to the sibling discount too.
Step 4: Allow joining after camp has started - this is important if you are running multiweek camps, so people can book onto the camp after the start date. If you do not have this checked, the registration window will close one hour before the start date/time.
Step 5: If you use the court booking module, you can choose which court to book out for the camps by clicking choose courts.
Step 6: Click on 'Save camp' when you have finished entering your details.
Once created you will have two direct links below the camp information:
The top one is for your direct Serve Tennis Website. You can add enable and build your Serve Tennis website and we have the guide here: Your Website Upcoming Camps Page
You can also use this link to email or advertise your upcoming camp.
The second link is the USTA camp search, (you need to have the status set to Public for this to show) it is a great way to advertise your camp to a much wider audiance. More information is available here: Searching and registering for Camps on USTA.com
Once created: click on the above link to view how your camp is advertised. If you want to edit the camp, you can click Edit camp found top right of the admin page screen.
NOTE: Super admin, admin, programming admins will receive a confirmation email when a customer books a camp with the following info:
- All sessions booked
- All early drop-off and late pick up sessions booked