You can create a waiting list for your Programs. So when your clinic or programs reach capacity, they will be offered the choice to join a waiting list.
As an admin, you can then add them to the program if you want to expand the capacity or you have a cancelation. If the demand is high enough, you may want to put on an additional program and invite those on the waiting list to sign up.
This guide will show you how to:
- How to Enable the Waiting List Feature in Programming
- Players Use the Waiting List
- How to Manage the Waiting List
- A few more details on the feature:
- Email Automated Notifications for Waiting Lists
How to Enable the Waiting List Feature in Programming
The waiting list feature needs to be enabled at Category Level. It is only available on the Custom Categories (not Team Challenge, Cardio etc). It is not currently available on the camps module.
Head to the programming module.
Step 1: To turn on the waiting list feature, select the existing category by clicking on the three dots or +Add Custom Category.
Step 2: To enable the Waiting List - ensure the slider is on the right as below:
Step 3: Then select Waiting List Type is On. This will turn the waiting list feature on as default for all programs in that category, but you can turn it off individually as needed. Click Save Category.
Step 4: Create the program - more details here: Creating a Programming Course
When you create the program - you need to ensure that you have the waiting list feature turned on. It will be on as default, you can change this at anytime by editing the program. However, note, if you have had it on and you have people on the waiting list, turning it off, will hide that waiting list from view.
How Players Use the Waiting List
Once your waiting list is created and you have reached the capacity of the program/camp, the session will show FULL. There will be an option to Join the Waiting List
Once the person selects Join Waiting List - it will then ask your to select who you wish to add to the waiting list. Agree to the terms and conditions and then a confirmation page. They will not make any payment at this stage.
On the admin view : You will see the two sections - the active participants and those on the waiting list.
How to Manage the Waiting List
In the admin area - programming module. You will see the list of participants. If people have signed up for your program, you will be able to:
- Email the participants - this may be to invite them to join a newly created program.
- Invite the participants to join
- Remove the participants
- Print and/or Export the list of participants to a CSV
If you wish to invite the participants to the current course, there has to be capacity. You can create capacity by editing the program and increasing the capacity or moving one of the current participants to canceled. You can invite one or all by selecting the boxes. If you invite all participants - it will be first come, first serve based on capacity.
If a player can no longer join the program - the player can either cancel themselves from their profile/my game or from admin. If done from admin - when you change the status to canceled you will have the option to invite someone from the waiting list. It will invite the person at the top of the waiting list.
Changing the Order of the Waiting List
The order of the waiting list will show by the date that they entered the waiting list. I.e. by default, the person at the top of the waiting list, joined the waiting list first. There may be times when you want to move someone up to the top of the list.
To do this, simply drag the name up as below:
A few more details on the feature:
- This feature allows users to add themselves to a waitlist on the public site when the custom programs or camps have zero capacity.
- If enabled, waiting list is available to be turned on when creating a session
- Admins have an option to Invite players from the waiting list to a program
- Users will be able to register to the program with the link in the email invitation
- If booking status is changed to canceled the person on the waitlist will receive an invite to register
- Wait list can be reordered
Email Automated Notifications
- An Email Notification will be sent to Programming admin when someone joins the waiting list
- Only admins with notifications switched on will receive the notification - see Administrator Email Notification - turn on and off
- Program register admins will receive the notification if they are a coach on the program
- An email is sent to users on the waiting list.