Your Programming module allows you to create a custom and USTA courses within your coaching programs.
Step 1: Select the Programming module from the left hand side.
Step 2: Select a Category of Junior, Adult, or Family. If you want a custom category +Add new category - for more details on the USTA custom program see the guides available below:
Step 3: Once you have created the new category or selected the category. Click on 'Add new program'
You need to decide what type of program you want to create by clicking on the box:
If you would like them to pay in full for ALL sessions - choose short course, players can start after the start date and pay pro-rata. If you want them to pay for each session - choose recurring sessions.
*In this example we have selected 'Short Course'.
Step 4: Complete the details section.
- Status: how you would like to advertise the course, you have 4 options to chose from:
- Code is for your internal reference.
- Activity - this is for reporting purposes, but also searching- if the activity is tennis, select tennis from the drop down or write tennis. You can have more than one activity listed.
- Program Name is what will be shown on your course in the advert.
- Minimum age/Maximum age- this will show in the front end and unless you validate the age it is a guide rather than a compulsory mandate. This guide gives your more details on Validating Age in Programming and Holiday Camps
- Additional Information- The description below will appear by default on your course page
- Additional Confirmation- Any extra information added here will appear in the confirmation email sent to participants.
- Date of your upcoming course - or if required - enter a past date or same-day date for courses which have already started. If it a short course or recurring sessions then you can choose how many weeks the course will run. . The number of sessions will automatically populate.
- Capacity- course will show as full when it has reached capacity and prevent people from booking onto it.
Recurring- choose how far in advance to allow bookings. You can choose how many of your sessions you want available on the public website for participants to book. The maximum you can show is 10 weeks ahead. Further details are here: Creating Recurring Programming Sessions
- Include your waiver, the players will have to accept the terms and conditions here to complete registration. If no waiver is added, this option will not be available.
- Publish this program- USTA.com Program search or your local section listing page. You can unselect/select these as you wish.
- Address Details- Enter address where session will be held
- Contact email and phone number - this is displayed in the program information and email confirmations.
- Photo: Upload your photo. If no photo is uploaded a default photo will be used. Further guidance on uploading photos are available uploading images.
- Cancellations- you can choose if a member can cancel their course. To enable this toggle them to the right, to show it as blue. You can choose the time prior to the course starting that cancellations are allowed.
Session defaults. You can enter your Lead Coach and any other coaches who will be helping to run the course. (Please note: individual classes can be edited after.
- for more information, please refer to How to Add Coaching Staff.
- NOTE: remember if you are delivering programs to juniors you will need a Safe Play approved coach.
- Ball color/skill level are not mandatory fields, but will help with people searching, you can add multiple ball colors.
- Registration window-If enabled you can control when your participants are able to register by setting an open and closed date.
- Costs : Here you can choose how to collect the fees. If it is a free course, select Offline. When completing the costs section, you can decide whether or not you would like to offer a discount to members and you can also 'Allow joining after course has started'.
- If you enable this you can then enter a cost per class, this will calculate how much the player will be required to pay at the point of joining. Alternatively, you can leave the cost per class blank, this will allow players to join after the course has started and pay the same amount as the course cost.
- Toggle the choose courts and choose which court you wish to reserve. You can book up to 5 courts. If they are not available they will not show. If your court booking at the facility is set up, then you will be able to book the courts for your programming course. To set up the court booking you can read here: court booking guides
Step 5: Fill in the Session Defaults Section.
- Facility- If your Facility is linked with additional locations, you can set Programs in any of these locations.
- Ball Color- You can include 1 or as many ball colors as you would like.
- Lead Coach- If you have not added the coaches as a Coach to your Facility, you may notice nothing shows when clicking here except a small white box. This means these coaches need to be added in. This can be done in the Programming - Staff tab. Once the coach is added and shows Safe Play Approved, you will then be able to add them here.
Step 6: SAVE your course.
- You will then be taken to your course page, where you can view, edit and add new classes. You can edit the course by clicking on 'Edit course' in the right-hand corner.
- This course will now be available to be booked online. The course will be displayed under the 'Provider Time' tab on the website.
- Click on the new course (e.g. Saturday 9:00 AM Little Racquets) - and the course attendees, dates and direct link at the bottom (which you can copy and paste to send out directly to attendees) as shown below. The direct link will take you to the public page.
Example of public page: