During the registration process, you will have the opportunity to invite another player to be your doubles partner. You can also invite a doubles partner via the Schedule Tab in your USTA Player Profile. If you are invited as a partner, you will need to accept to create the double pairing. NOTE: Both partners will need to know the other player's USTA ID in order to create the pair.
To invite a partner while registering for an event:
Step 1: Register for the tournament/event. Here is a guide to assist: Registering for a Tournament
Step 2: Under the Assign Doubles Partners section of the additional info page, Click Assign Doubles Partner
Step 3: You will see your name, event name, and Partner-no partner assigned. Click Assign
Step 4: There are three scenarios here, for all scenarios you will need the player's USTA number.
1. Your doubles partner has not yet registered - you can invite them to be your partner
2. Your doubles partner has registered but not selected you - you can assign your partner
3. Your doubles partner has registered and invited you to be your doubles partner
Enter the USTA ID and click FIND A PARTNER.
- If your partner is not yet registered for the event, select Choose as Partner, enter USTA ID and click Save. The partner will receive an email inviting them to register and be your doubles partner.
- You have been invited by another player to be their doubles partner If the partner is registered for the event and has also invited you as a partner. You need to register for the event yourself and completed the payment. As you complete the registration process in the message on the registration page stating that the player has registered and invited you as a partner. You will now need to confirm the pairing adding their USTA number and by selecting Accept as a partner and click Save and Continue. The doubles pairing will now be created and both players will receive a confirmation email.
3. If the partner has already registered for the event but has not invited you as a partner, click Chose as partner and click Save. The partner will go to the Schedule Tab in their USTA account, select MANAGE next to the tournament, and locate the event they registered for. Under Doubles Partner, they will enter the partner's USTA number, and click Assign. You will receive a message that will state that you registered and have invited them as a partner. They will need to confirm the pairing by selecting Accept as partner. The doubles pairing will be created and both players will receive a confirmation email.
- If the partner you invite has already been paired with another player, you will receive an error stating that the partner is already paired for the event. You can then find another partner or reach out to your Tournament Director to change the pairing.
- If you invite a partner who is not eligible for the event, you will receive an error stating that the player is not eligible.
- If you withdraw from the event, the doubles pairing will break, but your partner will still be registered.
- If you complete registration and do not assign a partner at the time. You can assign a partner at a later date through your My Profile / Schedules tab in USTA.com. To do this follow these steps before registration closes.
Step 1: Log into USTA.com and sign in.
Step 2: Select your Profile and then the Schedules Tab and click Manage on the tournament you have registered and wish to add your doubles partner.
Step 3: Click View
Step 4: For the doubles event- click Assign
Step 5: Enter the USTA ID number of your doubles partner
Step 6: Send Partner invite